The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands. -- Psalm 137 : 8
Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. -- Proverbs 22 : 6

Friday, October 19, 2012

Today is the Day

Today is the Day.  For what?  I don't know yet.  I know what is on my schedule.  My haircut at 11:30.  My class at 7:00.  What I need to accomplish in between.  But regardless of what is on my calendar, God has appointments lined up for me that I don't even know about yet.

I can look back on days past and see chance encounters where I had the opportunity to pour into someone else's life.  I also see days where other people ministered to me when they had no idea they that they were impacting me.  Those were appointments God had planned from the time I was conceived.  Mind boggling, I know.  But Psalm 139:16 says: all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 

Today is the Day.  God has something lined up.  He has appointments for me today, too.  Maybe they will relate to my haircut and 7:00 class, maybe not.  Maybe they will be totally unexpected.  But he has given me the hours in this day to unwrap, like a package.  Today was part of the birthday present He gave me years ago on the day I was born.  Every day is like a package, waiting to be opened.  I get to open today, October 19, 2012, today.  Tomorrow I get a new package to open.  But today, this one is full of surprises, waiting for me to embrace, enjoy, live.

Today is the Day!

This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)


No comments:

Post a Comment